People like to play
Capture the imagination of your employees with elements from the world of gaming.
Learning can be an annoying obligation that people like to neglect. But there is another way: Gamification – i.e. the use of game mechanisms in non-game-related contexts – adds a dose of fun. With this method, you make people want to learn, thereby boosting motivation and the longevity of learning. Gamification can be used across the board. There is no limitation to specific content or target groups.
Advantages of gamification
- Greater motivation to learn
- Greater long-term motivation
- Increased sustainability
- Positive association
- Greater recommendation rate
- Attractive to young employees
Finding the right balance
It is a well-known fact that learning through games increases the success of learning. With gamification, it is important to strike the right balance between game and learning content. In the context of further education, the focus is on the topic in question. We realise serious games projects together with partner Ranj.
- Games – only game mechanisms without any learning content
- Serious games - game mechanisms and learning content integrated with each other on a equal footing
- Gamification - a focus on learning content complemented by individual game mechanisms
Gamification generates engagement: Accept challenges, broaden your own capabilities, boost performance. We know it’s all about finding the right dose. An exaggerated challenge triggers uncertainty. If the task is too easy, boredom is the result. We place great emphasis on finding the right mix. Every participant should reach certain interim and main targets on their learning path. An appropriate reward both motivates and mobilises. Over a longer phase as well, if required.
Types of games
Gamification can be applied in different ways. Different elements are used depending on the content and the company to make learning more interesting.
- Can be obtained when tasks are solved
- Link to a points system or badges
- Status visible at a central point
- Sign of learning success
- Displayed centrally in the WBT or personal profile
- Stored via SCORM
- Collect points for learning activities
- Conversion of points into status
- Link learning progress to a minimum number of points
- Linked with learning content to generate learning effect
- Particularly as a challenging and rewarding end to a chapter
- Alternative to standard question types
- Reveal the secret when a learning unit is completed
- Bonus content after completing all chapters
- e.g. closing trailer, video, mini-game
- Build up tension through storytelling
Quiz Champ app
Do you want to triumph over your colleague in a duel during the lunch break? Our "Quiz champ" app makes this possible – and absolutely desirable. You can reach your employees everywhere and motivate them to learn. The content and corporate design are tailored to what your company needs. More information