Support your learners with social media tools
Employees acquire a great deal of knowledge in their working lives. But how can you network and share this knowledge – across individual departments? How can you compare and contrast the knowledge level of individual team members? We provide companies with support to overcome these challenges.
Advantages of social learning
- Effective link-up of face-to-face, WBT and social media
- Variable proportions depending on the customer and learning situation
- Involvement of participants and interaction with others
- Improved learning transfer curve
- Continuous learning
A mere ten percent of learning takes place through formal learning methods, i.e. training or courses. Community learning makes up 20 percent, i.e. together with colleagues, coaches or in social networks. In contrast, 70 per cent of knowledge is based on experience and performance support.
Your company can encourage community learning through social learning. The focus here is on learning in a social setting using social media tools. Ideally, your employees receive all the required information directly at their workstation and make use of it there immediately.
- Learning partnership
- Develop content together
- Solve tasks independently
- Provide feedback to each other
Learning in communities
- Wiki with learning content including links and tasks
- Find collaborative solutions to tasks in a defined period of time
- Discussion via wikis, blogs, forums, chats or microblogs
- Conclusion in an online meeting together with the tutor
- The tutor is available during the entire process.
MOOC – Massive Open Online Course
- Online community learning
- Virtual, collaborative learning environment
- Self-organised handling of the tasks
- Informal learning in the group
- Participants decide on their involvement
This is how social learning can work, even in your company.
Motivation structures in the company differ significantly from those in your private life. In order for social learning to be a success in your company, you need binding rules and regulated support. Social learning is not something to be taken for granted.
Social learning can mostly be implemented with existing resources. Learning with social media is not tied to specific tools. The only thing that is important is that the tools used are already anchored in the working lives of the people.
Social learning is a current challenge. In order for you successful overcome this, we offer qualification enabling packages. These you choose to fit your content and expectations. We use these to then develop your individual solutions.